The module MeteoScope is suitable for all cultivations, especially for growers who want to anticipate on weather forecast to create an optimal crop growth and high-quality production, and save energy.
Why the module MeteoScope?
The weather conditions have a great impact on the climate conditions in your greenhouse. The Hoogendoorn iSii enables to you obtain a customized weather forecast for your specific greenhouse location for up to 7 days in advance. This service is called Meteoscope and is provided by Meteo Group via subscription.
MeteoScope includes the following:
- Automatic download of weather data from the Meteo Group into your iSii computer.
- A 7 days weather forecast with hourly updated data about wind speed, outside temperature, radiation intensity , humidity, cloudiness level, targeted for your specific location (GPS – location)
- Automatic adjustment of energy, climate and/or irrigation settings in your iSii process computer
MeteoScope enables you to anticipate on the weather. For example, you can store more energy in the heat storage tank when cold weather is expected, or you can close the energy screen in advance in case a clear night without clouds is expected. Thus, when much radiation is expected, you can give your plants additional water. When little radiation at the end of the day is expected, you can stop giving water to your plants on time. Moreover, when sufficient radiation is expected, you can switch the lamps off beforehand or not switch them on at all.
This can be a useful tool for optimizing your energy management. After all, it’s better to prevent unfavorable situations than to have to make corrections afterwards.
MeteoScope in short:
- MeteoScope enables you to anticipate on the weather
- Enables you to prevent corrections
- Creates an optimal crop growth and high-quality production
- Saves energy