The iSii module Meteoscope is suitable for all types of cultivation. It is developed for growers who want to anticipate on weather forecast to create an optimal crop growth and high-quality production and, as a bonus, save energy.
Weather conditions have a great impact on the climate conditions in your greenhouse. Meteoscope enables you to obtain a customized 7-day weather forecast for your specific location. This forecast is updated every hour with the latest data regarding e.g. wind speed, outside temperature, cloud level and radiation. Meteoscope is provided by MeteoGroup on subscription basis.
Meteoscope includes the following:
- Automatic download of weather data from MeteoGroup into your iSii process computer.
- A 7 days weather forecast with hourly updated data about wind speed, outside temperature, radiation intensity, humidity and cloudiness level, targeted for your specific (GPS) location.
- Automatic adjustment of energy, climate and/or irrigation settings in your iSii process computer.
Play with the elements
Meteoscope enables you to anticipate the approaching weather. For example, you can store more energy in the heat storage tank when cold weather is forecasted, or you can close the energy screen in advance in case a clear night is expected. Also, when much radiation is forecasted, you can give your plants additional water. When little radiation at the end of the day is expected, you can stop giving water to your plants on time. Moreover, when sufficient radiation is forecasted, you can switch the lights off beforehand, or not switch them on at all.
Meteoscope can be a useful tool for optimizing your growth climate. After all, it’s better to prevent unfavorable situations than to take corrective actions afterwards.
Meteoscope in short:
- Enables you to anticipate the weather conditions.
- Enables you to prevent corrections afterwards.
- Creates an optimal crop growth and high-quality production.
- Saves energy.